CHM Composites Ltd introduces a new synthetic veil based on polyester fibres to be used in the production of FRP pipes and tanks and suitable for use in filament winding, pultrusion, RTM, vacuum infusion and hand lay-up processes.
So what’s good about the synthetic veil for you – well, it offers a cost-effective alternative to standard glass surfacing tissue with a lot more benefits and higher performance results. Yes, it’s that analogy again, the “new kid on the block” versus the “old timer”.
Synthetic veil or tissue for FRP: polyester versus glass
Syntex SLA 45 is a spunlaced and apertured polyester surfacing synthetic veil for FRP which gives it the following main advantages compared to standard C or ECR glass tissue:
- Higher corrosion resistance
- Improved UV & weathering resistance
- Binder free (no risk of chemical contamination of the resin)
- Fine aperture surface for easy resin wet out & infusion
- Retains tensile strength when wet in all resins
- Suitable for use in all manufacturing processes including pultrusion, RTM and filament winding
- Enables better aesthetic and smoother surface for pultrusions
For even more benefits and useful technical data for the synthetic veil Syntex SLA 45, please click on SLA 45 info sheet
Availability of Syntex SLA45 (synthetic surfacing veil for FRP)
Please contact us at CHM Composites Ltd for samples and request for quotation.
Syntex SLA 45 is available in full width rolls or in slit widths for winding processes.
We look forward to talking to you about our innovative polyester synthetic veil for FRP applications.