CHM Composites are pleased to announce a formal business development relationship with Norafin Industries GmbH, Mildenau, Germany aimed at promoting the composites activities of Norafin Industries.
Norafin Industries are a technical non–woven manufacturer with spunlace (water jet entanglement) and needlepunch capability. Specialising in highly technical applications, Norafin Industries supplies a wide range of innovative products into a number of industries including:-
- fire protective clothing for fire-fighting services and motorsport racewear
- stab and slash resistant body wear
- filtration materials
- medical applications
- acoustic and sound absorbing materials etc.
The company’s product solutions encompass the following options:-
- Multi-layering capabilities for gradient functionalities
- Calandered, patterned or scrim-supported materials
- Various in-house aftertreatment options such as hydro and oleophobic features as well as hydrophilic or stiffening properties, and many more
Non –woven products for applications in composites include:-
- aramid for impact and wear resistance
- polyester for high quality surface, enhanced resistance to corrosion and UV exposure
- basalt, pre-ox and phenolic fibres for fire protection
- conductive blends for surface static dissipation, EMI shielding and heating applications, etc.
Norafin Industries have also recently introduced a range of bio-derived non-wovens based on flax fibres, giving a combination of biodegradable eco-friendly credentials, good vibration and UV absorption properties and a pleasing, natural aesthetic finish.
For more information about Norafin Industries GmbH, please visit the Composites page at www.norafin.com.